Cosrx Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream Review
At some point in our K-beauty journey we will come across snail; it’s like a rite of passage for many of us. The slimy stuff has made many converts and I count myself to be one of the slug club members.
So when Cosrx released their new Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream, I was excited — really excited. This eye cream has snail AND peptides (one of my favorite ingredients in eye creams)?! I want to go to there.
But does this new release live up to the huge reputation of its sister products the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence and the Advanced Snail 92 All-in-One Cream?
My skin type: combo/dry, dehydrated and sensitive
Heads up: I received this cream complimentary as a press sample from K-beauty boutique Olive Kollection
Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream
Cosrx has built their reputation on the popularity of their snail essence, so any snail release from them has some pretty big shoes to fill. And they certainly are setting out to make waves. This eye cream claims to address dark circles, restore the eye area, erase fine lines and fight wrinkles. Those are some big claims!
This eye cream is packing 72% of snail secretion filtrate — which, for reference, is less than the snail essence (96%) and the all-in-one cream (92%). Downgrade or not, we’ll soon find out.
The texture is classic snail. This white cream is light but nourishing and absorbs well into the skin. You’ll find this is a bit stringy (much like the essence and all-in-one cream) but it’s never sticky, tacky or slimy. What I particularly noticed about this texture is that it goes on very hydrating, but once absorbed it fills the skin with moisture. It’s the best of both worlds!
INGREDIENTS: Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Water, Palmitic Acid, Arginine, Carbomer, Stearic Acid, Betaine, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adenosine, Xanthan Gum, Myristic Acid, Copper Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
Highlights: Essential oil, fragrance, alcohol and silicone free
- Snail Secretion Filtrate 72% to be exact! Snail secretion is well known for its hydrating and plumping abilities, but this contains many other compounds that are very beneficial for the eye area. Snail secretion naturally contains enzymes, zinc, hyaluronic acid and copper peptides. It acts as a great antioxidant and can help improve fine lines. Snail is also known for its wound healing abilities, and that means more than just helping acne. Our body’s natural wound healing process is actually what can help improve fine lines too, its skin regeneration! That all makes snail a very promising anti-aging ingredient.
- Niacinamide is a common skincare ingredient but always a goodie to find in eye creams. Niacinamide is a great skin hydrator, helping to attract water but also bind it to the skin. Niacinamide is well known for its brightening abilities, potentially helping with dark eye circles. It can also help stimulate collage production in percentages of 4-5% (Cosrx contains an unknown %).
- Copper Tripeptide-1 or what I refer to as the gold standard peptide. This peptide is well known for its ability to stimulate collagen and elastin on the skin (the golden ticket to wrinkle and fine line prevention). Copper Tripeptide-1 also offers great antioxidant protection and has shown benefits for reducing hyperpigmentation.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 also known as the Botox peptide. Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 is well known to create a visible firm and lifted appearance in a very short period of time (around 2 weeks). This peptide can help improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles but it’s important to note that unlike copper tripetide-8, this peptide has only a temporary effect and isn’t preventing or repairing damage on the skin.
- Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 (Matrixyl) is a peptide that is effective at collagen production and wrinkle reduction, even when present in low concentrations.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (Matrixyl 3000) These last two peptides make up the active component of a famous peptide complex called Matrixyl 3000. These two peptides work together in synergy to prevent collagen breakdown on the skin and have been shown to improve fine lines and wrinkles, boost elasticity and improve skin tone.
I’m really impressed with this eye cream. I wasn’t sure what to expect since new releases from Cosrx have been so hit or miss lately. But this really feels like an old school Cosrx product that could have easily been released in the golden 2015-2016 era.
I’ve noticed quite a few benefits from this eye cream:
- This has definitely helped with discoloration underneath my eyes. I have reddish circles around my eyes that get worse with things like poor diet and sleep. My eyes often respond well to brightening creams and this one is no different.
- I’ve noticed visible smoothing and lifting while using this. The acetyl hexapeptide-8 is strong here; it’s giving a nice look to my eye area. I’ve been testing this through a bout of insomnia and it’s definitely keeping my eye area looking refreshed.
- This seems to help with eye bags and puffiness. I’ve noticed an increase in my eye bags over the last year so finding an eye regime that addresses this has been a high priority. I do like to use eye patches a few times a week in addition to my eye creams and I believe they help. But even when I forget to use the eye patches regularly this cream seems to keep the area under control. No puffiness or bagginess here!
- This is both moisturizing and hydrating and has effectively replaced two eye products in my routine! I’ve been super loyal to the Klairs Fundamental Eye Gel and Butter (read my review) which delivers the best of both worlds by plumping with hydration and protecting with moisture. I wasn’t sure how replacing the two Klairs products with Cosrx was going to go, would it be a downgrade? But actually the Cosrx effectively acts as a hydrator and moisturizer without any compromises!
- The texture is pleasing to use. This is never heavy, greasy or interfered with my makeup. The absorption rate was good, and this never caused any issues with layering.
- This is fragrance free. I actively avoid all essential oils in skincare and this cream is completely free of any potentially irritating essential oils, artificial fragrance and contains no drying alcohol.
I’m really happy with this product and I think it’s a worthy addition to the ever famous Cosrx Advanced Snail Line. I think all skin types from oily to dry and sensitive will enjoy this cream, and the ingredients make it a worthy addition to any anti-aging routine.
What I love:
- Moisturizing and hydrating, light texture
- Well researched and proven peptide complex
- Affordable price
- Sensitive skin friendly and fragrance free
- Works well with makeup
- Never heavy or greasy
- Delivers on brightening, firming and brings a restorative look to eye area
Only minor complaint (not a deal breaker) is the tiny size! This comes in just under 1oz at 25ml. But I believe the ingredients, quality, performance and price are all in line.
Cosrx Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream 25ml
Find it at:
(code KELLYDRIS saves 5% for new customers [2% for returning] on your next yesstyle order)* *indicates use of affiliate links that pay a small commission to help support this blog.